Edging is a masturbation technique that has benefits for men suffering with premature ejaculation. Essentially, edging is masturbating until to the point when it reaches just before ejaculating. When point of no return(PONR) is sensed, stimulation of the penis is stopped to prevent ejaculation.
Once the intense feeling to ejaculate subsides, gentle stroking or stimulation of the penis can be begin once again maintaining one’s pleasure highly as long as possible.
When one reaches just before ejaculation, stop and let the intense feeling subsides. The process is being repeated for as long one wants it to last until deciding to unload finally.
Edging can be both for pleasure and training oneself to be able to have full control over arousal. When it is for pleasure, one can last for hours of masturbating without jacking off. However, for those who have issues with early or premature ejaculation, edging can be very helpful.
Take note, edging beginners who have premature ejaculation issues, this technique cannot be mastered in one session. Therefore, perform edging as much as possible until you will be able to recognized your point of no return easily and be able to hold it back fully preventing ejaculation.
We can say, this technique is one of desensitizing the penis to be able to control and hold back prior to reaching the point of no return. Moreover, edging technique is a great companion for Kegel exercise.
The Point Of No Return (PONR)
The PONR is also called the point of inevitability, beyond this point ejaculation occurs uncontrollably and automatically. Men who have premature or early ejaculation issues are sensitive and reach PONR quickly. Edging is one of the effective technique to train oneself in delaying ejaculation and be able to control fully the amount of arousing stimulation without reaching PONR.
Learning how to recognize the point of no return is very useful for any man who wants to last long sexual intercourse. Commonly, men who are experiencing premature ejaculation feel inferior and sometimes can result to questioning their masculinity. Even some men lose their self-confidence in sexual performance leading them to think they are not fully mature, or undeveloped individual.
Sex therapists also refer premature ejaculation as rapid ejaculation. The good news, edging can help take control of the arousal allowing to recognize the point of no return avoiding early or rapid ejaculation.
7 Steps To Performing Edging Technique
- STEP 1 – Find a place without distractions where you can be alone and private.
- STEP 2 – Relax and get an erection.
- STEP 3 – Apply lube to both hand and penis. A hand lotion is good for edging purposes.
- STEP 4 – Gently stroke the base of the penis while slowly moving towards up to the frenulum. The frenulum part of the penis is sensitive to stimulation, and when aggressively stimulated, ejaculation can occur pretty quickly. Keep in mind, edging is a way of training to have full control over arousal.
- STEP 5 – While stimulating the frenulum you sense the urge, hold back and move the stimulation back to the base of the penis. Remember, keep the strokes slow when you are just starting edging technique.
- STEP 6 – After awhile of stimulating you feel you are about to reach the PONR(point of no return), or the urge unload(ejaculate), stop the stimulating the penis until the intense feeling or urge to ejaculate subsides, then resume edging once again.
- STEP 7 – Repeat steps 4 to 6 as many times as you want until you are ready or decided to stop, or at least 20 minutes at minimum. There is no preferred or specific rule as how long should be the minimum time for edging. However, the longer the time it is done, the quicker you will learn to train and control yourself.
Usually, ejaculating at every end of edging session is not allowed. However, it is OK to ejaculate at certain intervals of 2 or 3 sessions, for instance. Beginners try to practice this simple steps of edging technique for about 2 weeks initially prior to expecting any noticeable improvement in sexual performance.
Remember, this is not something that can be achieve overnight. Allow your body to master the sensation, be consistent with the exercise until you see noticeable improvements.
Masturbation employing the edging technique is not a one-stop solution to overcoming premature ejaculation. However, mastering this technique as one’s first line of defense over early ejaculation is a smart move.
For one who is serious about absolute ejaculatory control, edging is simply the beginning. There are lots of training available online offering techniques on how to overcome premature ejaculation such as Ejaculation By Command and Ejaculation Trainer.
However, edging is free, and proven technique helping numerous men overcome or improve their rapid ejaculation condition. Another great fact about edging, it can be used in conjunction with the popular Kegel exercises. Mastering both of these techniques, one may need not look for other solutions.
- Allow the entire body to relax. Both edging and ballooning are best done while lying down.
- Edging while listening to meditative music like Sade, Journey, or Enigma can be helpful.
- Start stimulating the penis in a slow pace, and for beginners, it is OK to avoid the frenulum initially.
- Avoid watching porn as it triggers too much excitement and may cause to cum very soon.